Together, We Can Make It Happen!
A New Way Forward with Renewed Impetus!
A synergistic approach to advancing the careers and lives of Racial and Ethnic Minority Coaches.
NAFCED is an organization created by coaches, governed by coaches, for the benefit of racial and ethnic minority coaches. Its primary
purpose is the formation of a cohesive organization to address the issues most prevalent in the profession which adversely affect its
Membership and to promote the growth, development and long-term success of racial and ethnic minorities in the coaching profession, at
all levels. NAFCED will provide an array of Membership services which will enhance the careers and employment opportunities of current
and future coaches. These services and benefits are as follows:
- National professional representation for racial and ethnic minority coaches by an association, created by coaches for the advocacy of its members.
- Personal national employment exposure through the utilization of a comprehensive Job Center and the most comprehensive database of racial and ethnic minority coaches, for use by universities, colleges, conferences, head coaches and search firms, to identify qualified candidates for vacant head and assistant coaching positions.
- The ability to address broader issues nationally while being able to provide a laser focus on issues most pertinent to members in the regions where they live as a result of the regional structure and emphasis of the organization.
- Job Listings from prospective employers (colleges, universities, search firms, teams) in the NAFCED Job Center.
- Access to regional professional training and development summits and seminars.
- Public advocacy on issues affecting racial and ethnic minority coaches.
- A comprehensive and continuous program of Online Education.
- An organizational structure which provides for NAFCED regional meetings and summits for the purpose of bringing the organization closer to the grassroots of coaching, to enhance greater participation and involvement of coaches at the regional level.
- Active and progressive NAFCED Committees addressing the needs, issues and interests of the membership, as determined by coaches at the grassroots level regionally.
- Electronic Newsletter regarding latest items of interest to racial and ethnic minority coaches and relevant developments and issues in the profession affecting the profession.
- Career counseling, advising and mentoring. (Professional and peer)
- Opportunities for member dialogue and networking through a �coach speak network.�
- Access to NAFCED Legal Defense Fund to provide early stage representation to coaches in potential infractions cases, to provide for more favorable outcomes for ethnic and minority coaches.
- The strength of a synergistic support structure comprised of colleagues with similar backgrounds, experiences and challenges in the profession.